I going to install MCB box to prevent my home short circuit, so can you please explain me how to choose MCB box to avoid short circuit.
MCB(Miniature Circuit Breaker) is a series of circuit breaker that belongs to the advanced level of technology. MCBs provide protection
against over loads and short circuits and save wires, cables and equipments. They are used as protective functions against shortage
and overloading, and are used in lighting distribution system
MCB types according to Magnetic trip:
Remember the following things:
1. At the time of installing of MCB, ensure that the MCB does not give unwanted tripping despite of compliance with the
Wiring Regulation and without over loading.
2. Install proper type of MCB according to load, sometimes, for electric motors or low voltage lighting, the use of a
type B MCB may give unwanted tripping. Installing of type C MCB solves this problem.
3. Type D MCB may be installed after consultation with qualified engineer to avoid any problem later on.
4. Generally, type B MCB is enough for normal resistive loads. However, in some commercial and industrial
units where at the time of starting, either motors or special lighting or data equipment may adversely affect the MCB,
in such case it is necessary to use type C characteristic MCB.
5. In industrial units where compressor motors are used, if type B and C of MCB are not able meet the requirements then
use of type D MCB is necessary.
Type B, C and D MCB box.
Thanks & Regards